You can celebrate Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s love and any desire to set the day aside and go your own way (I’m looking at you anti-Valentine’s Day celebrants…with much love, of course) at Kiawah Island Golf Resort. Just try one of these fun, fit and fab activities!
1. Love nature? Glide through the Lowcountry on tandem kayaks. Wildlife sightings guaranteed.
2. Take your little heart throb for a ride on a bicycle made for two…ish.
3. Get the squad together and dress to impress for cocktails at the The Lobby Bar.
4. Score on the court…or don’t. It’s still love!
5. You can’t go wrong with a long walk on Kiawah Beach…
6. Swing by the Market at Town Center and pick up a few picnic items for a picnic at Night Heron Park.
7. The couple that plays together, stays together, so hit one of the five championship courses.
8. Have an ice cream social at Beaches & Cream.
9. Show yourself a little love at The Spa.
10. Book a room with a breathtaking view at The Sanctuary. Expert Tip: Jasmine Porch has a killer breakfast.
Upon leaving a spa, guests don’t want to just feel good — they want to look good as well. The Spa at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort has teamed up with the developer of the NuFACE Trinity device to deliver FDA-approved, multi-solution anti-aging therapies that produce almost instant, visible results.
“Our new 90-minute Micro-Current Face Lifting Facial and 60-minute Wrinkle Repair Treatment provide nearly instant results that appear more natural than a facelift or Botox treatment,” says spa manager Paul Fleming.
High-Tech Electronic Facials
With the NuFACE Trinity facial, treatments go beyond skin deep. The device stimulates the facial muscles, in essence giving them a workout — even around the eyes — to leave them more toned and strengthened. This “workout” leads to tighter and lifted skin, a more defined jawline and smoothed-out wrinkles. Unlike some medical devices, which “shock” to stimulate the muscle (which can cause atrophy), NuFACE is safe and gentle, and offers settings to adjust to each guest’s individual comfort level. The Spa offers the treatment at a cost of $275 for a 90-minute session.
The NuFACE Trinity Wrinkle Repair treatment minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. To combat the breakdown of collagen and elastin due to aging, the NuFACE Trinity LED red light attachment is used to increase the production of collagen and elastin in the treated area. A 60-minute treatment is $205 at The Spa.
“To help our guests appreciate their results, we treat one half of the face and then allow them to see the difference,” says Fleming. “We then complete the treatment on the other half of the face.”
Just like a workout for any other body part, results are temporary, with the first treatment peaking at about eight hours. “The more guests repeat these treatments at home, the more lasting they become,” explains Fleming. “To facilitate home care, we offer the NuFACE Trinity for sale in The Spa.”